Bellevue School

A-Z of Bellevue

Absences
If your child is going to be absent from school please let us know by phoning the school between 8.30 and 9.30am, stating your child's name, their class number and the reason for their absence. All absences are reported to the office and followed up. We use a text messaging service to contact parents of children with unexplained absences. The Ministry of Education requires the school to state the reason for any absences from school, and to sight a copy of the appointment details if your child needs to be away from school for a medical appointment.

Appointments

The Principal and staff welcome parents’ interest, also involvement in our school and your child's learning. If you wish to discuss any aspects of your children’s welfare or academic progress please do not hesitate to contact the school or your child's teacher.

Cars

Parents are asked to park outside the school ground unless collecting sick children or delivering goods. In the interests of safety please do not turn at the gate or turn into driveways. Please use the turning area at the end of Bancroft Terrace and follow all the road safety rules.

Library

Students bring books home to read. Please talk with them about using their book bag to transport these to and from school. We encourage you to chat to them about the books they are reading and to help your child  remember to return these to the library by the due date.

Lost Property

Please name all your child's property as this enables misplaced items to be returned to their owners immediately. There is a lost property storage in the Medical room. At the end of each term any unclaimed items are donated to a local charity. 

Lunches

Lunches are available from school on Mondays from 'Lunches Unlimited', Sushi lunches on Tuesdays (ordered online through wrapitup.co.nz) and NZ Kids Food can be ordered everyday (also ordered online through wrapitup.co.nz

Menus for 'Lunches Unlimited' can be viewed on this website and are available on request from the office.To order parents/caregivers need to send the money in a sealed envelope, with the childs name,room number and what they want to order clearly marked on the front of the envelope.

At the end of each term the FUNdraisers group organises a special pizza day. Order days and forms are advertised through the school newsletter.

Money

Students are discouraged from bringing money or expensive toys to school. All money brought to school needs to be sent in a sealed named envelope or paid online to the school account 12-3223-0048283-00. If paying on line please make sure you clearly indicate you child's name, their class number and what the money if for.  All money that comes to school goes to the class teacher and is recorded in the class finance book, before it is sent to the office for processing.

Newsletters

The newsletter comes home every Wednesday. This is emailed to you, unless you specifically request a hard copy. It can also be located online through this website. As well as news of the school, community   notices may be added when there is space to do this. Every effort is made to present accurate information, however the board does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or the goods/services advertised. 

Photographs
Class, individual and family photos are taken at school during the first term. 

Reporting to Parents

We have a 'Meet the Teacher' evening at the beginning of the academic year. There are also individual Three Way Conferences held in Term 1 and Term 3 where you, your child and your teacher meet to discuss their progress, their goals and their next learning steps. It is expected that every child and their parent/caregiver attends these important meetings to have these learning conversations. Parents are also encouraged to make an appointment to discuss their child’s progress at any time. 

Students in the first three years at school receive a report to National Standards at the end of 40. 80 and 120 weeks of school. These are issued at the end of term closest to their anniversary. They also receive progress reports at 20, 60 and 100 weeks.  Parents/caregivers are invited to join their child and child's teacher at Three Way Conferences are in Term 1, and early in Term 3. 

Students in Years 4 - 6 receive progress against National Standard reports at the end of Term 2 and again at the end of the year. Parents/caregivers are invited to join their child and child's teacher at Three Way Conferences are in Term 1 and early in Term 3. 

Stationery
Stationery is available at the beginning of the year and throughout the year from the School Office. Parents may choose to purchase their child’s stationery from the school or another source.

Swimming
All students participate in a swimming programme at a local pool in odd years and water safety programmes in even years. 

School Patrols

School Patrols are on duty outside the school gates in Bancroft Terrace before and after school. There is very little parking space for cars after school, so we ask that parents/caregivers take care to look out for the safety of pedestrians. Please turn at the end of Bancroft Terrace rather than turning into driveways and remember that it is unsafe to park on the yellow lines or in front of the cones outside the school gates. The the School Patrols need a clear view to direct the students crossing. When School Patrols are on duty (8:25 - 9:00am and 3:00 - 3:15pm the gate to the car park is closed and vehicle entry restricted. 

Telephone Numbers

Please let the school know of any changes of address, phone number, email or emergency contacts as soon as possible. It is important for the school to have up-to-date contacts and emergency release adults clearly identified for emergencies.